1) A long morning walk with my dog, remembering what a cool breeze feels like.
2) Reading the paper at my parents’ kitchen table. Opening my laptop to write.
3) The familiar sounds of my childhood home – the fridge humming, the kitchen floor creaking, an upstairs door closing as a wind blows through.
4) Standing at the back door looking at the grey clouds, smelling the air for rain.
5) Returning to my work, finally feeling this story give up and release.
4 thoughts on “What helps”
Helps even to read about it :) Lovely
Thank you very much!
A comforting climate, sound, smell, sky. It’s so helpful to know what pleases.
I’m happy I was able to notice it!